Another month of moving quite a bit which raised expenses to some extent. I also started really focusing on my fitness goals so I had some expenses in that area, but they’re worth it. All-in-all, I still came in under my $1000/month goal budget, so I’m happy. 🙂
This summary covers travel related expenses for 1-30 November 2015.
Location(s) Visited This Month
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Apeldoorn, Netherlands
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Kortenberg, Belgium
- Alanya, Turkey
Transportation – $193.79
- This includes all transportation between cities as well as public transport within cities.
- This would have been lower, but I took a cab a few times in Turkey and trains in Europe are surprisingly expensive.
Lodging – $137.08
- I was lucky to have house sits most of the month, and I also spent several days visiting a friend. My housing expenses for the month included a night at a nice hostel in Rotterdam, and 5 nights of my apartment in Alanya, Turkey. I paid for the entire cost of the apartment this month, but I pro-rated it across November/December.
Food & Entertainment – $359.16
- Most of my Entertainment consisted of going out to dinner with friends so I’ve combined these activities this month rather than separate them out.
Miscellaneous – $195.52
- This is high this month because I really focused on my fitness goals so this included buying some vitamins and access to gyms. That part was $160.62.
- This also includes expenses for a mobile phone plan which was $34.90.
Monthly Total: $885.55
Average monthly spend: $1195.68 ($195.68)*
All-in-all, I’m happy with my expenses for the month even if I wasn’t too social. I got my fitness goals back on track, and that was my first priority.
* My average monthly spending target is $1k/mo. This number is the average for the months I’ve been working remotely so far. The amount in parentheses is the amount I’m over or under my goal.