House sitting all month made my expenses super low this month, which is great. I’m focusing on keeping expenses down to prepare for my trip to Africa which will have some big expenses.
This summary covers nomad living expenses for 1-31 May 2018.
Location(s) Visited This Month
- Hannover, Germany (h)
Transportation – $0
- I did a lot of exploring around town but it was all by foot to exercise both myself and the doggo I was watching.
Lodging – $0
- I spent all month house sitting so there were no lodging expenses.
- Breakdown *
- House Sitting – 31 nights
Food & Entertainment – $277.77
- I ate out a few times, mostly enjoying a glass of wine while relaxing in the sun, but in general I cooked at home this month. This is still higher than it should have been, mostly because I acquired a fairly significant macadamia nut addiction this month.
Miscellaneous – $0
- Since I was staying in one place and had stable internet at home I decided to forgo getting a cell phone plan for the month as it wasn’t necessary.
Monthly Total: $277.77
Daily Average: $8.96
Average monthly spend: $1007.77 ($7.77)**
Average daily spend: $33.37
* When I published my summary in 2015 I had more than one person accuse me of always Couch Surfing or always staying in 30+ person dorms in order to keep my costs low. So this year I’m tracking my lodging type as an extra data point.
** My average monthly spending target is $1k/mo. This number is the average for the months I’ve been working remotely since January 2018. The amount in parentheses is the amount I’m over or under my goal.
At reader request, I’m adding a link to a google doc with all of the monthly data at a glance: