I spent a few days moving between house sits and I was in expensive cities, so my expenses are up this month.
This summary covers travel related expenses for 1-31 July 2016.
Location(s) Visited This Month
- Nottingham, UK
- Bakewell, UK
- London, UK
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Helsingborg, Sweden
Transportation – $98.65
- This is for public transportation, a flight, and bus/train travel.
Lodging – $90.61
- 1 night each in hostels in Copenhagen and London
Food & Entertainment – $307.30
- I was eating out more with traveling, hence higher food and entertainment costs.
Miscellaneous – $0
- I had no random expenses this month.
Monthly Total: $496.56
Average monthly spend: $953.60 ($46.40)*
At reader request, I am including a link to a monthly breakdown chart so you can see month-by-month spending in one spot. Monthly Spending
* My average monthly spending target is $1k/mo. This number is the average for the months I’ve been working remotely so far. The amount in parentheses is the amount I’m over or under my goal.