My last month in SEA and, once again, a ton of moving around.
This summary covers travel related expenses for 1-31 March 2016.
Location(s) Visited This Month
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Da Nang, Vietnam
- Hoi An, Vietnam
- Hue, Vietnam
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Beijing, China
- London, UK
Transportation – $365.30
- This included multiple flights, including my trip from Bangkok to Beijing and then Beijing to London
Lodging – $427.55
- I stayed more in hotels this month and was able to book them online so this is a more accurate representation of lodging than the last couple months have been.
Food & Entertainment – $240.90
- My food is relatively low because most of the places I ate required cash payment so much of my food cost is reflected in Miscellaneous. This includes a day trip to the Great Wall of China.
Miscellaneous – $302.87
- Much of this is for food costs as I paid cash for a lot of the places I ate.
Monthly Total: $1336.62
Average monthly spend: $1258.32 ($258.32)*
This was my most expensive month for a while which isn’t surprising given how much moving I was doing, my Asia to Europe flight, and how expensive Beijing is compared to SEA.
At reader request, I am including a link to a monthly breakdown chart so you can see month-by-month spending in one spot. Monthly Spending
* My average monthly spending target is $1k/mo. This number is the average for the months I’ve been working remotely so far. The amount in parentheses is the amount I’m over or under my goal.