I spent much of this month house sitting in Montreal and Chicago, both of which are expensive cities but free lodging helped to keep costs low!
This summary covers travel related expenses for 1-28 February 2017.
Location(s) Visited This Month
- Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Montreal, Canada
Transportation – $144.08
- This is mostly for my flight from Chicago to Montreal though it does include some public transport expenses in both cities.
Lodging – $38.16
- Since I was house sitting, this only covers the cost for my hostel in Montreal
Food & Entertainment – $368.44
- I spent way too much money eating out and having drinks with friends. This is a challenge in expensive cities.
Miscellaneous – $42.76
- This covered my cell phone costs and a couple odds and ends like shampoo, etc.
Monthly Total: $593.44
Since I had a gap in my budget tracking while I was not nomading, I’ve decided to start my monthly average all over again.
Average monthly spend: $593.44 ($406.56)*
* My average monthly spending target is $1k/mo. This number is the average for the months I’ve been working remotely so far. The amount in parentheses is the amount I’m over or under my goal.