January was a weird month because it was actually the start of my trip, which happened at the end of the month. So, my expenses are a bit out of whack. But, I still want to offer a summary.
This summary covers travel related expenses for 25 January 2015 – 31 January 2015.
Location(s) Visited This Month
- New York City
- Menorca, Spain
- Air Travel: $306.60 (flight from NYC to Barcelona)
- Air Travel: $151.88 (flight from Barcelona to Menorca)
- Public Transport: $8 (Subway in NYC)
- Ground Transport (trains, buses, etc.): $40.25 (bus from DC to NYC)
- Hotel/Hostel: $124.00 (hotel for one night in NYC)
- Groceries: $61.58
- Restaurants: $90.73
- New Passport: $170.00
Monthly Total: $953.04
This seems like a lot for just a few days, and it is. But more than half of it is flights which won’t be as expensive going forward, and another good chunk was my passport fee. I included my passport cost because while it’s not a recurring cost, it is a cost associated with working remotely out of the USA so, IMO, should be included.